CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

high

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..


Melepak di sini, after what seems to be a very long and shocking day.

Day one back in National Maternity Hospital, Holles St, or
Hell-est St, as Rehan calls it.

And today, was a very eventful day, leaving me to be super tired and older by 10 years after just 9 hours in that sacred building. I think grey hairs are really coming out of my head!

Why so?
  • Sebab morning lecture oleh Prof you-know-who was ended by a dreadful sentence : 'The antenatal and gynaecology groups meet me here at five-to-eleven for your definition test' (which by right was supposed to be this Friday. I read part of it last fortnight and since I didn't do any in these past week, of course Han menggelabah and pastilah kepalaku kosong tidak mengandungi apa-apa definisi.) And it was almost ten when he said that. Okay.
  • Tak cukup tu, beliau menyambung, "I want postnatal group to go to the wards and take history and present them to me at five-past-eleven." Great, bukan?
  • In the ward, Han officially telah mendapat cekikan sulung just because I was sitting in the midwife's station, like that was the biggest crime. Berdosakah diri ini apabila duduk menulis history di situ? Maka, bertambah berseri hidupku.
  • Case presentation at 11. Presented my case. Well at least whatever that was remaining from the fear of seeing Nicola tried her very best. Then as expected. I got butchered. Totally. I was like, cut off by after every sentence I said. Dan menjadi apa? Idiot? Hopeless? Morbid? Sick in the head? I thought my heart was gonna fall out of my chest. But about 15minutes-ish later, Han rasa dah kebal. Hahahaha.
  • After lunch, my groupmates and I, hid in the locker room. We thought that was the safest place to hide. Tapi harapan hanya tinggal harapan when Nikita came in and said that apparently the you-know-who does come down there occasionally. May be to just bust people like us. Fear has a smell, you know. That's why he always seems to be there to kill the buzz out of you.
  • Berdiri for another 2jam for tutorial later. I should be fine usually, but after a whole day of running around, heavy with the things I described above, I was really tired. Rasa nak meletup. Or cry. Or pengsan dan sambung tido terus secara lama-lama 7 hari 7 malam tanpa berfikir. But in the same time, rasa terubat hati bila dapat jawab soalan2 Alan and kalau tak dapat jawab pun tak mendapat penangan 'duty of care'. We really weren't that bad, were we? Ngeee~~~~

When you are a medical student, a lot of patients you see will ask you one routine, simple question : How's med school going? My answer was always : Not too bad. But today, for the first time ever, when a patient asked me that, my answer was just one word : Tough. Seriously, I really think grey hairs are coming out from my newly called 'morbid' brain. Kahkahkah.

Seronok bukan, hidup begini. Penuh warna-warni doom and depression. And humour at times when you dah tak larat nak berdebar dan laden with the fear of dicekik and being dragged by the back of your white coat.

Sekian. Mari buat senaman leher, untuk ditadah lagi esok hari sebagai bukti 'duty of care' by that particular you-know-who. Ku pasrah kepadaMu ya Allah~

Akhir kata, maafkan bahasa yang dah tunggang-langgang bcs my brain's language centre telah dilanggar garuda Obgyn Hell-es St.


~Han yang high from fear that transformed into funny cells in my nervous system~



P/s : Will be doing Gp Country placement in Celbridge. And Dublin in Fairview. Whatever. Janji tak kena cekik. Kahkahkah.


[Tak sabar menunggu musim panas. Dan cuti musim sejuk nanti, insyaAllah ^^v]